If there was one simple action you could take to amplify your local recruiting efforts, would you take it? Obviously that question is a no-brainer and the answer should be a big ol’ YES! Even better, it only takes a few seconds to complete.
Updating your pin with current information on BeAScout is the easiest way unit leaders can help prospective Scouts and their families get in touch with a unit in your council. This quick process hardly takes a minute, yet it translates to significant gains to your council’s membership.
How significant? Historically, we’ve seen a 14.28% increase in member leads generated to councils because they’ve updated their pin. Once schools start up and parents are looking to involve their kids in activities, BeAScout is predicted to receive up to 50,000 unique viewers per week, and you won’t want to miss the opportunity to show off your unit. If every unit completed this simple task, thousands of new youth across the nation would be introduced to the fun, character-building adventures only Scouting can provide.
Sharing the correct and most up-to-date local Scouting information on BeAScout is a great opportunity for Scout units to highlight what makes their unit unique, express how excited they are about Scouting, and to show to prospective Scout families the benefits of Scouting.
How to Update Your BeAScout Pin
- The unit leader (Cubmaster, Scoutmaster, crew advisor, along with the unit committee chair and the chartered organization rep) must update the BeAScout pin by logging into their my.Scouting Tools account.
- From the top left menu, select Legacy Web Tools and then BeAScout.
- Set your unit’s pin status to Active.
- Select Unit Mode in the Unit Pin Mode drop-down menu.
- Enter your unit’s current information and save!
For more in-depth instructions, with screenshots every step of the way, check out the BeAScout Unit Pin Management presentation and don’t forget to share with your unit leaders. For assistance, please contact the BSA Member Care Contact Center at 972-580-2489 between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. CST.